Depending on the components that you decide to install, SQL Server Setup installs the following services:
- SQL Server Database Services – The service for the SQL Server relational Database Engine. The executable file is <MSSQLPATH>\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe.
- SQL Server Agent – Executes jobs, monitors SQL Server, fires alerts, and enables automation of some administrative tasks. The SQL Server Agent service is present but disabled on instances of SQL Server Express. The executable file is <MSSQLPATH>\MSSQL\Binn\sqlagent.exe.
- Analysis Services – Provides online analytical processing (OLAP) and data mining functionality for business intelligence applications. The executable file is \OLAP\Bin\msmdsrv.exe.
- Reporting Services – Manages, executes, creates, schedules, and delivers reports. The executable file is <MSSQLPATH>\Reporting Services\ReportServer\Bin\ReportingServicesService.exe.
- Integration Services – Provides management support for Integration Services package storage and execution. The executable path is <MSSQLPATH>\110\DTS\Binn\MsDtsSrvr.exe
- SQL Server Browser – The name resolution service that provides SQL Server connection information for client computers. The executable path is c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlbrowser.exe
- Full-text Search – Quickly creates full-text indexes on content and properties of structured and semi-structured data to provide document filtering and word-breaking for SQL Server.
- SQL Writer – Allows backup and restore applications to operate in the Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) framework.
- SQL Server Distributed Replay Controller – Provides trace replay orchestration across multiple Distributed Replay client computers.
- SQL Server Distributed Replay Client – One or more Distributed Replay client computers that work together with a Distributed Replay controller to simulate concurrent workloads against an instance of the SQL Server Database Engine.
References : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143504.aspx