I recently completed my DP 203 certification. My learning and tips to prepare for the exam. If you are a beginner and haven’t worked on azure ever before, I would strongly recommend writing DP-900 prior to DP-203. Although it’s not mandatory to write DP-900, I heard it’s a bit easy and provides a good understanding of Azure and data engineering topics.
- Schedule an Exam:
- Go through the list of skills measured.
- Try to assess your current knowledge and you don’t have to be exact in assessing yourself.
- Based on your current knowledge and keeping some time for preparation, schedule an exam for a date that sounds reasonable.
- I would suggest preparing for somewhere between 2 to 30 days. Too little preparation might not give you a fair knowledge of the topics, and too much might throw you off track. I prepared for only three days because I have extensive experience with many of the evaluated topics. You need to adjust the preparation time based on your current knowledge.
- Choose an exam time during which you feel most active and energetic. I prefer the morning time.
- Learning Plan
- Go through the material provided by Microsoft.
- These videos cover almost all the topics required to prepare for the certification.
- Make notes of important points for quick revision.
- If you want to read more about any of the topics, please.
- The day before the exam
- Go through your notes and revise the topics in case they are needed.
- Do not try to cram things. The exam is scenario-based and its intention is to test your understanding of the subject.
- Rest is best before the test, so take a sound sleep and do not cut on your sleep at any cost.
- Keep calm
- Expect the unexpected, so keep calm. I was confident before the exam but during the exam, I got many questions on the topic that I hadn’t covered in detail. So, I answered them based on what made sense to me.
- In the end, I thought that I would get no more than 700 marks, but I got 843. So, don’t panic even if you think the exam is tough. Just try your best.
I wish you all the very best for your exam and I am pretty sure, if I can do it, you can do it with flying colors!!!